Workplace Health and Safety (WHS), often referred to as Occupational Health and Safety (OH&S) which is vital issue on the workplace in every industry due to its impact on the health, safety, and welfare of workers and other people having access to the workplace. The other people may be contractors, suppliers, customers, volunteers, and visitors. Business owner or his family may be one of those having access to this place. Safety is important for everyone and OH&S measures deal with assessment and mitigation of risks. This is an obligation of the employer and a legal requirement in New Zealand the instance of which is depicted in Test and Tag NZ, “In-service inspection and testing of electrical equipment” or NZS 3760:2010 to ensure safety of electrical appliances for personal use.
Benefits of Test and Tag NZ Standard
The laws on workplace health and safety (WHS) are also implemented in Australia that were more regularized in 2012. Regulation is also followed in New Zealand in similar manner. A specific model has been developed to regularize these laws by setting a standard that should be consistently implemented everywhere. Test and Tag NZ standard has been designed specifically for electrical workplace and offers many benefits.
- It helps in creating safe workplace environment for long-term sustenance and success of business.
- It helps business to reduce accidents on workplace and therefore, less illness, injury, and deaths due to unsafe environment.
- It reduces costs on litigations and compensations.
- It helps to increase productivity in the business.
- It increases business credibility by meeting employee responsibilities and legal obligations.
This is a serious issue that plays vital role in long-term business growth without wastage of funds on unnecessary things that can be avoided.
Metrotest Test and Tag Training standard has code of practice and following this standard in the favor of national policy to improve work health and safety of workers across New Zealand.